Wednesday, December 23, 2020

An Enchantening Place

I am now living in an enchanting place, on a ridge in Laurel Fork, Virginia with a wonderful view of the "Buffalo," a granite mountain to the north of me. My favorite morning activity is to watch the colors change as I look out on the Buffalo as the sun rises.

The first two photos are from a day after we were supposed to be hammered with snow. Instead, we had maybe a half inch of ice followed by an inch of snow. The landscape was magical.

This was Thanksgiving morning, looking at the "hump" of the Buffalo. Of course, one of the first things I had to do after morning here was to climb the mountain!


 The clouds can make this into a beautiful wonderland as this photo shows.  

While I will occasionally post here as I have had this blog since 2004, my main blog these days is https://fromarockyhillside. Stop over if you have a chance. Have yourself a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or a joyous winter season. Did you see the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn?

8 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to live someplace with a view, especially towards the west where most of our weather comes from. But every place I live tends to be among lots of tall trees so mostly I can see 100 yards away at best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful photos!! Like Ed, I've usually had views of trees. :)

    Yes, I did see the conjunction! Pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an enchanting place. So much of Virginia is beautiful. I miss Maryland's Catoctin Mountains.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Virginia is really a beautiful place! My ex-father-in-law lives there. I always enjoyed visiting him and hiking the area.

    Happy New Year! I wish you all the best in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for sharing these wonderful photographs.

    Hoping your Christmas was good and sending wishes for a happy and healthy 2021.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Estou feliz pois diante de Jesus todos os dias posso refletir sobre a comunhão com Jesus Cristo redentor venha sobre todos o arrependimento de nossos pecados k são tantos misericórdia e piedade de todos nós senhor e pai de nosso senhor Jesus Cristo redentor venha sobre a cura dos corações ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. An icy landscape is so beautiful, even if it can be dangerous to drive on. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous photos. Your new location is definitely enchanting!

    ReplyDelete