Monday, January 18, 2021

Walking

I'm still mostly blogging at https:://fromarockyhillside.com   These are some photos shared on Facebook:


These are photos from afternoon and evening walks. Since I haven't been able to make it to the gym here because of COVID (and a 15 mile drive) and the weather isn't good for biking, I've been doing a lot of walking. Depending on the time available and how I'm feeling, such walks vary from 2-6 miles.  Sometimes I take an afternoon break, other times it's in the evening as the light drains from the sky, and a few times it's been at night as I live in a place where there is little traffic.

Afternoon walk when it's snowing. Old barn on Mayberry Church Road.
Evening walk down below my house along Laurel Fork Road.  Here it is a dirt/gravel road.
The old Point Pleasant School next to the Laurel Fork Road and by the Laurel Fork Primitive Baptist Church which dates back to 1835 (but they have a newer building). This one room school was built in 1911 and the reflection is from the plexiglass over the windows.
Another evening sunset from across a hay field along Laurel Fork Road.
My dog walking with me along Mayberry Church Road.

5 comments:

  1. Nothing like a long walk. Unfortunately where I live has no sidewalks and with the roads full of slush, snow melt and a fair amount of traffic, I don't get a lot of walking done this time of year, without driving someplace else first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really lovely photos here, Jeff! Always nice to have companions on a walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are excellent. Franklin very generously takes me out for walks.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful area, Sage! What a different environment from Skidway Island.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

    It is nice to get out and about walking, we have been avoiding lots of rain showers this week.

    Take Care and Happy February Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete