Saturday, July 07, 2007

I'm back


I’m back. I flew home last night on a red eye, after a ten day trip out west. Part of the time, I was at a conference, the rest of the time I was backpacking with my son in the Pine Valley Mountains. We also took a day trip up into the amphitheatre of Cedar Breaks from where this photo comes. Hopefully in the next week or so, I can share with you some stories and photos. I’m working on a piece on one of my favorite drives (US 89), and plan to do one on the Mountain Meadows Massacre, as well as writing a book review of Martin Clark’s Plain Heathen Mischief. Stay tuned. I also have a lot of blog reading to catch up on.

15 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back...and glad to see you working on ridding yourself of that farmer's tan by wearing a sleeveless shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. Glad to hear you had a good time. I will look forward to the stories and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back! another great photo -what a view!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back and can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michele sent me to welcome you home, Sage. Can't wait to see what you have to say about favorite drives and the backpacking!

    oh, and check out the reading contest at my place. Your book review will probably qualify you for an entry...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm jealous! Great pic, too. Here via michele. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you're back safe and sound. You always catalog your travels - near and far - with such depth and range. It's something I definitely shoot for when I'm away from home: how to bring the flavor of the experience back, and how to share it.

    Get some sleep, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back. Can't wait to read about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! Sounds like a fruitful trip - I am looking forward to pics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another day and Murf and I would have been at each other's throats. Thankfully it didn't come to that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gee, Ed, I thought we did rather well without Dad around to referee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saying welcome back after 5 days is bit too much..:D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picture! Nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete