Friday, June 02, 2017

A few sailing photos

The past two weeks I've been battling a cold.  I am sure my daughter gave it to me on our drive back from Princeton, NJ.  Thankfully, I'm on the downhill run, but I haven't had a lot of energy.  I haven't been to the gym since getting back nor have I sailed or kayak.  I did go out for a bike ride one afternoon, but after about 4 miles, found myself hacking and coughing and rode home at a slower pace.  Last Saturday it was my turn on the committee boat to run our weekend regatta.  I took these photos then (I don't often take photos when racing, only when going out for pleasure sails or on the committee boat).  Enjoy the photos.  It was a warm day, highs in the low 90s with a nice steady wind of 10-12 miles an hour.


Downwind spinnaker run 

Way out front (other boats are rounding the leeward mark)

Crossing the line
Weather holding, I'll be sailing tomorrow.  My daughter's boyfriend is coming in for the weekend and he wants to try sailing, so this will be a new experience for me.  So far, I like him so I won't be tempted to knock him out of the boat with the boom on an "accidental" jibe.  

21 comments:

  1. Sorry but the anchor line must have caught hold of his ankle when I wasn't looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are starting to feel better. certainly no fun to feel sick, especially when summer is beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures. Have fun with the boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pictures, hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a beautiful day!

    Behave yourself this weekend! (and hope you're feeling 100% again soon)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful way and time to get to know your daughter's boyfriend! What a wonderful day of sailing in all your photos! Enjoy you weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. lovely photographs, friend Sage ... I still dream of a slightly different kind of "sailing" around the world we live in ... which would be via container ship to somewhere/ anywhere ... which is cheap and simple and a bit lonel. cuz those ships only except 5 or 6 guests per trip ... but do I look like I care about loneliness ? ... Anyway. Love, cat,

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sage - enjoy the weekend and being the tutor/coach ... perhaps you can charitably ask someone else to help! But have fun and let's hope you convert each other ... and that cold goes, so the weekend rocks and rolls ... fine weather here for sailing ... a few boats out - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m glad you’re feeling better. I love the boat photos!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're on the mend. Lovely photos. Thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL Well I hope he doesn't read this before going on a sail with you. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a good thing for all aboard that you like your daughter's boyfriend. Get well. Kids are always sharing germs, no matter what their age.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's good to relax and take things a bit easier sometimes, even if it's imposed by a rotation of duties. Lovely shots of the sailing craft.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a cold right now, too - a hot weather cold is the worst!

    lol - so glad you like the boyfriend, for his sake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed looking at your photographs, the sky is so wonderfully blue.
    Hope the cold is now disappearing fast!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are feeling better today!
    Your photos are really good, and even better when enlarged.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "So far, I like him so I won't be tempted to knock him out of the boat with the boom on an "accidental" jibe." Ha! That made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures. I love that beautiful blue sky. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope you return to good health soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, lovely. I like looking out on the sailboats on Lake Geneva while at work. I wish I knew how to sail!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What glorious photos especially the last one.🚢 I hope you're feeling much better now. Summer colds are such a drag.😣

    ReplyDelete