This little “Meme” about books came from Kevin Stilley. The only rule is that you can’t use the Bible (I suppose this is to keep us from attempting to out sanctify each other). It seems like the perfect thing to work on when I don't feel like writing what I need to be writing...
1. One book that changed your life: Paul Woodruff, Reverence: Renewing a Forgotten Virtue
2. One book that you've read more than once: Herman Hesse, Siddhartha
3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Roy Blount’s Book of Southern Humor (I suppose I should chose a book on shipbuilding, but I never claimed to be smart)
4. One book that made you laugh: Guy Owen, The Ballard of the Flim-flam Man
5. One book that made you cry: Willie Morris, Taps (I also laughed some, you can’t help but laugh reading Morris)
6. One book that you wish had been written: Long Strides and J Stokes: Decades of Hiking and Canoeing by Sage
7. One book that you wish had never been written: Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice (That’s my sarcastic answer. I only nominated it because of memories of having to read it in the 10th grade. This is the hardest question here to answer and deserves some philosophical discussion. There are few books I’ve read that I hate enough that they shouldn’t be written since I would stop reading them if they’re that bad. Then there are books that have misled mass groups of people and inspired evil and caused great tragedies, such as the The Protocols of the Elders of Zion or Mien Kempf. Then there are books like Elie Wiesel’s Night and Iris Chang’s The Rape of Naking which are very important, but I wish they were not written because I wish the events they describe had not take place. But since the events occurred, I’m glad the books stand as a witness to what happened.)
8. One book you're currently reading: Taylor Branch, Parting the Waters: American in the King Years, 1954-1963 (I've been reading this one for several weeks and have completed several other books while reading it)
9. One book you've been meaning to read: George Marsden, Jonathan Edwards: A Life.
10. Now tag four people: I don’t believe in tagging folks, but if you’d like to be tagged, let me know and I’ll put your name here, in bold letters! Okay, here is one: JADEDPRIMADONNA