Monday, March 27, 2017

April's A-Z Challenge Reveal


Nina Agdal
I debated whether or not to enter the A-Z Challenge this April.  Last year was fun as I looked at places I would like to visit.  I felt I had done a lot of traveling until I began to look at the places I'd like to go.  This year, I am going to set my sights on heavenly bodies.  Sounds a bit racy, doesn't it. I could pump up my blog popularity by seeking heavenly bodies on the pages of Sports Illustrated's swimsuit edition,  I could begin with Agdal, (her name is actually Nina Agdal).

But instead, I'm setting my sights on (to quote from the old Star Trek series) "where no man has gone before." That's right, I'm looking into the dark sky.  This will be a chance to write about stars and constellations, planets and comets, and other bodies as seen in the night sky.  Join me as I draw from astronomy and mythology and hopefully learn (and teach) a thing or two. I'll be fun and there might be a racy post or two about what we're looking at up above, as the constellations were named for mythological characters who didn't always behave as if they were in Sunday School. The A-Z Challenge begins on April Fool's Day. Really, it does.   Stay tuned.  

Oh, I should also admit that I had to google models who names started with an "A" to come up with Nina Agdal's photo.

30 comments:

  1. Great idea!

    ClaoWue
    www.claowuepotpourri.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now that's a heavenly body. Sound like you're off to a great start on your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I probably should have saved her for an "April 1" post/hoax

      Delete
  3. I remember hanging up a swimsuit issue page in my locker in high school. I'm guessing there was 200% more clothing involved back then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavenly bodies, as in the night sky, is my type of theme. I love learning about space, astronomy, and mythology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your A to Z topic sounds great. I was really interested in space when I was a kid, and I’ve been trying to learn more about mythology in the last few years. Good luck with the challenge!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with this challenge and it sounds fun! Your chosen theme interests me very much, so I look forward to seeing what you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to your A-Z Challenge posts. It will be great learning more about heavenly bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting topic for the A-Z challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great theme! I look forward to your posts.

    By far my most visited post includes an old SI photo of Kathy Ireland. I am quite certain that's not a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to get our attention, Sage. And the night skies will be interesting to learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's got lovely hair! Astronomy will be an interesting topic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. ... anyway ... greetings from "the West", friend Sage ... smiles ... Love, cat.

      Delete
  13. Either way you go with this theme has infinite possibilities. The far reaches of the universe probably is more realistically accessible to me than beautiful swimsuit models so your real theme will be more in my league.

    Have a fantastic April A to Z!


    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like your going to have a series of interesting posts for April!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since you are not actually doing swim suit beauties, I will be back to check on you during A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking forward to seeing your A to Z entries.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember last year was amazing. Mm I dont know about models or sport models.

    Anyway I answer you in my blog and add some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Should be an interesting topic.
    Look forward to reading more.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a fun post and I am intrigued by your challenge. go for it.... and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds like a fun April journey! Mythology is tremendous fun, as is the cosmos. Godspeed and happy writing! Also, I will absolutely take you up on your proposed blog match-making. I'll visit Selkie's page soon and compare our experiences. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's good to know that Google will now send you models for hire as they track your searching. You April journey should be interesting Jeff, now if only I could see more than ten stars on a moonless night I may be able to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tech guy at the office has been encouraging me to use a VPN--yesterday I downloaded the software so hopefully this will protect me a bit from congress approval of corporate snooping on my web habits So in addition to anti-virus, I'm now paying out $69 a year for a VPN

      Delete
  22. Good luck with the challenge. I think you picked a great topic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good for you for participating in the A-Z. I give everyone who participates a lot of credit. I have never done it myself- but I do enjoy visit as many of the posts as I can. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete